On 21.02.2006 Mark D Lew wrote:
I'm still waiting to hear the answer about Verdi's supposed overture for Barbiere.  I'm
guessing "th" is making some sort of oblique reference to one of Verdi's known
overtures having once been associated with Rossini's opera.  If it were something else,
surely I'd have heard of it.

If you find out anything else, please let me know.

But perhaps the Carnicer piece is something that you'd be interested in looking for.
Google turns up a bit more information -- in particular at
<http://www.trito.es/news.php?id=130>, the site of the publisher Tritó.

That's also very useful information, and I will investigate this.

Thanks so much for digging this up!

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com