I seem to be singing the same old song but, at the risk of becoming annoying with this, Bill Duncan's new articulation font set has left, right, up, and down arrowheads designed to be used for this, and they look good to me.

Some of Bill's things have become so much a part of the look of my Finale work that I'd be loathe to do without them. It's difficult to imagine that anyone would need all the things he has created all the time (lots of harp stuff, for instance, and many modern notation symbols), but some have become nearly indispensable to me - the chord font, for sure, the nice soft slashes and rhythmic notation heads, the percussion note head shapes that align correctly (vertically - as Finale's native ones do not), brackets that are selectable by interval and are therefor shaped correctly (vertically) and which align correctly horizontally (except when there are accidentals, in which case they sometimes must be tweaked), various useful smart lines, drop shadow enclosures, and some others I can't think of at the moment. Some of these things are particularly useful to my style, which hovers between the bold commercial look, where mistakes cost time and money, and the more refined "classical" look that assumes rehearsal time and a little foreknowledge of the music. Anyway, my stuff looks the way it does because I have Bill's additions to Finale to work with, and I like them a lot.

No, Bill doesn't pay me, but he's been endlessly helpful.

Chuck