Tutti (senza solo)?

On Feb 27, 2006, at 8:52 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

Really? So how do you differentiate passages that are to be sung by _all_ (including the soloist)?

In orchestral work, "gli altri" or "the rest" = "everyone but the soloist," which is not the same as "tutti." My client doesn't seem to think "the rest" is clear enough, but I still need a good way of distinguishing "everybody but the soloist" from "everyone including the soloist."

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://secretsociety.typepad.com