Hello all,

I'm working on my first FinMac2005b project in OSX (Man...are there times I
miss FinMac 2002b and
OS 9!). I got a great deal on a G5 (non Intel iMac) for my home studio and have
finally
made the jump to Finale for OSX. In terms of speed relative to FinMac 2002/OS
9.2 running
on a G4, let's just say I'm a bit disappointed. There are several things about
the FinMac 05
interface that just feel "slower and stiffer" (e.g, delays on selection of
items with the
Selection Tool, etc.) with the G5. I know this is not new news to the list, but
man, it's
frustrating
to ride an upgrade path that features a ever slowing version of the program. I
would think
the 2005b running on a G5 would SMOKE FinMac 02 on a G4. Get your code
together, MakeMusic!

OK...venting over. I've been trying to get my project file to automatically
open with
FinMac 2005b without automatically launching the Finale 2006 Demo also installed
on my hard drive. I execute a "Get Info"...scroll down to the "Open With"
scroll down
menu, select "Finale 2005b", and close the window. All is well for rest of that
work session.
However, as soon as I log out or restart I'm back to square one...double
clicking on the project
file auto-launches the Finale 2006 Demo. How do I get the file to "remember"
the "Open With"
association?

In other news...
Any Finale-listers attending the International Jazz Composition Symposium in
Tampa this week?

Best wishes,
Eric

ERIC RICHARDS