I was working on a vocal piece this week and noticed that Finale 2006 is automatically transforming common ligatures (like fi to fi for example). Once an eps is exported into a DTP program, the ligatures are gone. Is this a bug, and can someone replicate this problem?
A screenshot and a pdf made from the eps can be seen here:
http://tinyurl.com/evzj6

It highlights 2 problems for me:

1) If it was working as expected and I did not want Finale to replace common ligatures automatically, is there a way to desactivate this feature and just see things like I entered it in Finale? 2) If I really want this feature, is there a way to make it work and look the same when printed as on-screen?

Thanks for any help,

Eric Dussault
Finale 2006d for Mac
Real-time Finale discussion - http://www.finaleirc.com