At 05:31 PM 3/25/06 -0500, David W. Fenton wrote:
>That said, any time there really are two independent voices in a
>staff, I use layers.
>But for the kinds of voices that come and go in keyboard music,
>voices make much more sense and are far easier to work with.

I'm in complete agreement. "Voices that come and go in keyboard music" is
exactly the phrase that describes situation where voices do the job
perfectly. (Compositionally I'm not a big fan of voices coming & going, but
a lot of engraving work that comes my way doesn't hold to discrete voices.)

Dennis

--

Please participate in my latest project:
http://maltedmedia.com/waam/