Aaron, I believe if you select View, there is a drop down selection near
the bottom with a box to check for "Show hidden notes/rests".  You can
turn it on or on by clicking in the box.  I'm on a different computer so I
can't check, but go through the different selections in the toolbar and
look for selectable dropdowns.  You should quickly find it.

Keith Caldwell
Prof. Houston Community College
Instructor, Music Notation