Do you know any human musician who can play that exactly as written?

On 6 Apr 2006, at 19:06, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a new client assignment, and it requires partial tuplets. I can do this graphically, but it bugs me that I can't figure out a way to do it so
it's "real". Here's a sample measure description:

Time signature is 8/4.
Measure contains a 7:4 quarter-note tuplet, a 5:4 eighth-note tuplet, and a
3:2 quarter-note tuplet.
Easy so far, right?
EXCEPT...
The tuplet pieces are separated from each other, with the pieces spread out
so:
7 7 5 7 5 3 7 5 3 7 5 3 7 5 7

The composer wants each tuplet segment numbered. I can do it all
graphically with a time signature of 25/8 (hidden, showing 8/4) and numbers placed above as expressions. I can also do it by creating the tuplets and
dragging the pieces into place and breaking the eighth-note stem
connections, hiding the tuplet numbers, and placing new ones graphically.
Neither plays back correctly.

But I just don't like the kluges. Any way to do this as written?

Thanks,
Dennis