On 07.04.2006 Eric Dannewitz wrote:
It might help to know what type of system you have as well. GPO can take a lot
of horsepower when you have 8 instruments running. Sounds, due to the load
time, that you might not have something that can run GPO well. Or you might not
have enough memory. Or both. On a 2.5 Gigahertz Athlon with 1 gig of RAM, for
example, I can get about 6 instruments to run well, sometimes more, if I'm
using it to run Finale.

The system is a maxed out iBook, about a year old. 1.2GB, 1.3GHz. Not amazing, but it plays the nine instruments just fine, only it crashes. Not reproducably, and usually when I have everything set up just as I wanted but hadn't saved - old story.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de