How was she as an arranging student? I think she (and her husband, Win Butler) are really gifted songwriters.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://secretsociety.typepad.com
Brooklyn, NY

On 12 Apr 2006, at 2:06 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

On Apr 12, 2006, at 12:51 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

On 12 Apr 2006, at 9:30 AM, Gerald Berg wrote:

One no longer finds the Montreal influence any where outside Quebec's borders.

Except, you know, in the indie rock scene, where thanks to The Arcade Fire (a very good band, BTW, with excellent string+harp writing), everyone's convinced that Montreal in the mid-2000's is as seminal as Seattle in the early 1990's.

Lead singer of Arcade Fire, RĂ©gine Chassagne, was my arranging student at McGill a couple of years ago. Hey, maybe a university education DOESN'T condemn you to obscurity, after all!

Christopher