On 14 Apr 2006 at 20:50, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

> On 14.04.2006 Pierre Bailleul wrote:
> > Dear list,
> > I'm searching another staccatissimo sign than finale fonts. I'd like
> > an elongated point (circle on the top). Thanks for your responses.
> > Pierre.
>
> There is a "wedge" in the newer versions of Maestro. Is that not what
> you are looking for?

The key is to realize that there are two pairs of wedges in Maestro,
one with a concave end, and one with a convex end. All previous
Finale fonts had a flat end.

> A long time ago designed a wedge which was part of the dynamic
> articulation library, which may or may not still be available at
> Jari's tips site. Today I prefer the Maestro version, which is a
> little shorter.

I had created a custom shape for this, which didn't draw well
onscreen, but looked just fine on paper. I prefer something a bit
skinnier and longer than the Maestro version with the rounded end,
but have now converted all my files to use the Maestro version.