Hi Ken,
I finally get a chance to help somebody on this great group. CombiNumerals (True Type) fonts are just your ticket. You can do a keyword to find it or I can send you a copy of them if you'd like. There is also 'white numbers in black circles' but, I'm sure you want 'black numbers in white circles'. Let me know if you want me to send them to you.
George Ports

----- Original Message ----- From: "D. Keneth Fowler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 4:01 PM
Subject: [Finale] The missing zero; WinFin 2004b

To the wisdom of the list,

I am doing a classical guitar part - one staff with notes, rests, bar lines, numbers, numbers in circles, etc. You can sense I know nothing about classical guitar notation practice. The composer has carefully marked the numbers and numbers in circles.I just enter what I see. Oh, yes, I do know that numbers go beside noteheads, numbers in circles go off the ends of stems.

The Arial Narrow, 8 point, works perfectly for numbers in spaces between noteheads, which are tight much of the time. The problem is Arial has no number zero. Numbers in circles are not a problem. Is there another narrow sans serif font in the Windows world with a zero which is a good match for Arial Narrow that I can enter in 8 pt.? The upper or lower case letter o will not do, and I have not the ability to build what I need from scratch, even though the zero is a rather simple geometric form.

I will be deeply indebted if you can provide a solution.

Ken