On 5/5/06 3:25 AM, "Johannes Gebauer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 04.05.2006 Éric Dussault wrote:
>> Le 06-05-04 à 09:19, Christopher Smith a écrit :
>>
>>> What would be easier than entering a dashed slur?
>>
>> Christopher, Finale's slur is not tapered like a real slur. It's only a
>> curved line. It simply doesn't look professional.
>
> That's debatable. None of the editions I see in front of me use tapered
> dashed slurs. Those which use dashed slurs use the same kind that Finale
> produces. Doblinger, Schott to name just two.
>
> Johannes

This is true of our editions as well. All of our dashed lines are fixed
width throughout. My main beef is the positioning and contour when trying to
approximate a tie. With the thickness and dashing options, I can deal with
the dashed slurs. (Though, the default dashing in finale, imo, is pretty
clunky, so I've definitely changed that).

-Scot

--
Scot Hanna-Weir
Music Engraver