I have used and loved winzip for years. Hooray WinZip...and more
importantly, the glory of WinSite, which was my digital bible/supplier
of freeware/shareware programs back in the day as I moved from 3.1 to
'95 to '98 to NT to 2000.

-Scot

On 5/27/06, Karen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Any particular method work best?

Hi Don,

I have stuffit deluxe.  You can encrypt in several formats
including .zip and .sit.  This AOL proofs files.  There are other
useful features too in stuffit.  I often encrypt files that I send
with a password (sending the file in one e-mail and the password in a
separate e-mail) since e-mail isn't by default secure.   Not
completely foolproof but better than nothing!

Hope you are doing well!

Best,

Karen

> I stopped using aol a number of years ago because of all the
> problems I had
> had with it, and have never since tried to keep up with how to work
> within
> their system.
>
> Thanks for the info!
>
> Don
>

> on 5/26/06 1:16 PM, A-NO-NE Music at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Don Hart / 2006/05/26 / 01:43 PM wrote:
>>
>>> Just in case anyone was wracking their brain over this
>>> one,   :-)   the file
>>> was sent via AOL --- 'nuff said.
>>
>> Ahh, then, was the file compressed?  You know AOL uses propriety MIME
>> which almost guaranty to corrupt files that is not known to AOL.  The
>> only way is to zip up the file before sending.

Scot Hanna-Weir
Music Educator
---