Fellow Listers,

I have been revising an arrangement that I did several years ago. The original file was created with Finale 3.5.2 and now I use Fin 2K3a on a Mac G3.

During my revision, I deleted several sections of the music and changed some of the parts.

The Problem: one of my first ending repeats does not work right. Finale takes the repeat during playback...but then wants to jump to the wrong measure instead of taking the 2nd ending. I used the Repeat Plug-In to create the 1st ending repeat. There is only 1 bar in the first ending.

I have done the following to try and fix the playback problem:

re-entered my 1st and 2nd ending repeats using the Repeats Plug-In.
removed deleted items.
tested the files integrity.
updated the layout.
re-spaced the music.

I can get Finale to playback the music correctly....sometimes. If I close the file and then re-open it, playback reverts to the original problem.

Any suggestions as to what to try next?

Thanks.

Larry Eden