Hi.

I am a relatively new Finale User and to be honest have not read the manual
cover to cover.  I also find that locating some info can be hard in the manual.
Anyway my question

Is there any way that one can copy a part - say  Violin 1 in layer 1
And paste in as the second part in a divisi part in say a viola or whatever so
as to save re entering.

When I try I seems to replace (overwrite) the original part in the place I am
pasting it rather than "overlaying" it.
I have tried pasting it into a layer but somehow that doesn't wanna work.

Yeah probbaly sounds like a dumb question but it is starting to frustrate me
and rather than throw my laptop out the window I have chosen to be sensible and
ask  ;-)

BTW.. environment is WinFin 2006 running on a Tosh Laptop

Steve
Struggling Composition Student