If I have some horn parts on separate staffs, and I have painstakingly placed CODAS, Dal Segnos, and expressions on the staffs exactly where I want them, why does it put them in completely wrong places in the extracted parts?

After I have extracted the parts, I have to do a lengthy re-edit of them to put the repeat items and expressions BACK to where they should go. It usually puts those in the MIDDLE of the staff, which would never occur in a practical score.

It also does weird stuff with articulation marks and smart shapes, such that those also have to be re-edited. Sometimes the articulations are so far away from the original note, I can't figure out where it went to start with.

Is there a way to avoid that? You would think everything is RELATIVE to the staff. Obviously, you could have situations where the transposed NOTES might clash. But there are many cases where that does not occur, and it still does weird stuff.

Thanks; Bill  S.