I had a situation where I had two tied notes on the same line or space, but
they had different pitches, due to different accidentals. For example, F
natural tied to F#, or E flat tied to E natural, which would be slurs, not
tied notes.

Finale sometimes HIDES the second accidental in that case. Obviously this
leads to a notation error.

When I pointed this out, I was told, "this is normal behavior."

Maybe they should distinguish between a slur and a tie. Right now the
software treats them as the same. But you certainly DON'T want it to hide
the second accidental if they are different pitches.

  Was the slur entered as a smartshape slur or as a tie? If it was
entered as a tie, Finale would be assuming you were connecting these
pitches and so they must be the same. (regardless of accidentals, I
know...odd). But, one really shouldn't be using a tie to make a slur.
Could you clarify how these were entered?

-Scot

--
Scot Hanna-Weir
Music Engraver