Go into Help.

Click "Check for Finale Updates"

If your system is like mine, it will return an error message. Click it again.

Click the "Settings" button.

Everything should be clear from here on...

Christopher

On Jun 13, 2006, at 8:18 PM, Eric Dannewitz wrote:

That is a great question. There seems to be nothing there.....

However, in Library/Preferences there is a file called Finale2006UpdateCheck.txt that has some interesting things in there.

[Settings]
PerformAutoUpdateCheck=1
UpdateCheckFrequency=7
LastUpdateCheck=38853

Perhaps set the first thing there to 0?

Darcy James Argue wrote:
After much frustration, I've not discovered that Finale's automatic Check For Update feature causes Finale to hang on launch on my system (OS X 10.4.6). The only way around it is to temporarily turn AirPort off (i.e., disconnect from the internet) when launching Finale. I looked around in the prefs for some way to disable this feature but found nothing.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://secretsociety.typepad.com