I'm not getting part of this discussion.

Aren't PDFs created from Finale files (not scans) just mathematical equations describing the lines and curves? So they will retain the exact same resolution no matter what? So any discussions of DPI are not germane to the topic, as they have no effect on the output, which will be at the maximum resolution of the printer no matter what?

Once this was explained to me, I had no qualms about using the Mac's built-in PDF engine. Is there a reason why Brennon Bortz (on a Mac) wouldn't use the built-in PDF engine to make his PDFs?

Christopher