I'm not sure if the paragraph below is about Kiss Me, Kate or Company. In
Company, with Brooks on horn, was Jay Shanman on tenor trombone (who played
that
Side By Side solo 8 times a week for over a year!), still a great player, I
play trombone trios with him almost every week. (If there was a bass trb for
Company, I'm thinking it might have been Larry Benz.)
The Kiss Me, Kate on B'way a couple of years back had 1 bone, Bruce Eidam,
another fantastic player... both for playing the part and for speed-juggling
the
mute changes.

-Steve S
NYC