On Jun 20, 2006, at 5:20 PM, Chuck Israels wrote:

On Jun 20, 2006, at 11:04 AM, Jacki Barineau wrote:

Thanks so much, Chuck! I didn't even think of that, but it worked just fine! Only thing now is it put 3 chord symbols on top of each other when I imploded the staves back together! Any way to tell it to only leave 1 chord symbol and get rid of the other 2 - or do I have to manually hit delete twice on each chord?!!!! :)

If I'd have realized it was going to do this, I guess the solution would've been to delete the chords off the extra staves before imploding, but now I've made a bunch of other edits I don't want to lose...

Some experience with exploding/imploding will tell you what to delete before performing certain operations. It isn't a perfect process, but it does work well for some things.

For future reference (for anyone else using this process) note expressions and articulations are also inherited by the exploded parts and end up duplicating on the imploded staff. Maybe lyrics are on the list, too. I don't know, as I have never done this with vocal staves.

What I do (if I haven't remembered to delete these items) is to delete ALL the articulation, chord symbols, and note expressions from the IMPLODED staff, then copy ONLY those three items from one of the exploded staves to the imploded staff.

Christopher