Seems like a parallel situation to me, and I wonder if there are significantly better solo string samples. I'm not looking to get into a war about whose are the best - just curious to know if this kind of thing has been solved to a greater degree in string samples than saxophone samples, and I still want to hear musicians playing the instruments I have come to love.

(Though, sometimes the machine's rhythmic stability is nice :-)

Chuck