"Lee Actor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> Define pizz. and arco expressions with playback parameters that
> execute a program change to the appropriate patch.  For my MIDI setup
> I have one of each expression defined for each string section; if
> you're using the GM string patch you would only need two expressions
> total.

GM distinguishes the arco sounds, so long before FinWin 2004, which I currently use, I had an expression library with one pizz. and four arco expressions. The violin, viola, 'cello and bass arcos were distinguished by zero, one, two, and three spaces before the word. Nowadays I would append vn, va, vc and cb in non-printing style.

--
Ken Moore
Musician and engineer