Finale already has categories for short, medium, and long slurs -- you can already specific different contours for each, etc -- but not different placement, like I was suggesting. These divisions are based on actual slur length and not the number of notes. And there's no reason not to include all four placement options -- note-side, stem- side, above, or below.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://secretsociety.typepad.com