The time signature replacement suggestion is excellent. That hadn't
ever occured to me. However, I tend to use the expression method. Make
sure when you create it, go ahead and edit the default placement for
position in measure so that it left aligns with start of time
signature and then adjust the vertical positioning from the staff
reference line until it positions as you want it. Then it's only a
click away from insertion for you and is always positions consistently
in the same place.

-Scot

On 7/2/06, Johannes Gebauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 01.07.2006 Kim Patrick Clow wrote:
> I am working on an overture that has multiple movements.
> Some of the dance movements have time signatures of a single "3."
> While I can change the document option for time signatures to reflect what
the manuscript shows,
> (I do that by putting a large distance for the lower number and force it off
the page)
> This won't work because it will affect all the time signatures for all the
movements, some of which have
> time signatures of 6/8 or 12/8 and I need that lower number to be seen.

Although it is possible to edit either the C or Cut C abbreviations to
display as a single 3, the best and most flexible solution in my opinion
is to use a measure expression, and use the measure tool to insert the
appropriate space (possible in recent versions of Finale, I guess 2k5
and higher).

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com