Hey Chuck,

  Go to your Finale application folder > Component Files and open up
MacSymbolFonts.txt and then delete the line that has Times listed.
That "should" solve the problem.

-Scot

On 7/3/06, Chuck Israels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Every time I open a file I get this dialog.  (This has happened
before - quite some time ago.  Someone told me how to cure it then,
but I've forgotten.)

"While the "MacSymbolFonts.txt" file on your computer lists "Times"
as a symbol font, the "MacSymbolFonts.txt" file on the computer from
which this file was created did not.  Do you want to mark the font as
a Symbol font in this document?"

It doesn't matter whether I chose yes or no, I always get this dialog
(for the past few days).  The dialog is not correct, since these
files were, in fact, created on this computer.

It's an annoyance to have to click with the mouse every time in order
to open Finale files.

Help?

Thanks,

Chuck