On 7/10/06, John Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ah, but one of my REAL pet peeves is the voice teachers who refuse to
teach the basics for healthy singing to students who are interested
in the worlds of music outside opera, and then turn around and use
them as examples that singing pop or jazz or Broadway is bad for your
voice.  It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy!

  Amen.

and regarding watching or not watching the show, I have to say that
about 2 or 3 years ago I had the luck to catch the audition show,
(where they show the best and worst auditions for the season), the day
before I was about to start the 3 day audition process for our choirs,
where we were going to hear 400 versions of My country 'Tis of Thee.
It certainly got me in the mood. =)

-Scot

--
Scot Hanna-Weir