--- Christopher Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Are you using Simple Entry? I seem to remember way
> back in 2002 or
> thereabouts that Simple Entry would NOT let you
> complete a measure
> with a quarter-eighth triplet, or a half-quarter
> triplet, without
> some fancy footwork.
>
> It was a plain and ordinary bug, and to get around
> it you needed to
> enter one of the earlier note values in the measure
> SHORTER than you
> wanted, then enter the tuplet, then go back and
> change the value of
> the first note to make the measure work out
> properly. In your case
> you would make your note on beat 1 a QUARTER, then
> enter the tuplet,
> then go back and change the quarter to a half.

I think you could just turn off "Check for Extra
Notes" in the Simple menu.

To set up your tuplets in Simple, you would press
either ctrl-9 or alt-9 (Windows) - I don't remember
which. Then you'd specify 3 quarters in the space of
2, and from then on you could just enter it as a half
note followed by a quarter.

For Finale 2003 and earlier, Speedy Entry is generally
best for triplets.

Tyler