FWIW Johannes, I've been using QuicKeys 3.1 with OS X 10.4.x, and QK has never crashed on me. Perhaps something else is underlying in your case.

J D  Thomas
ThomaStudios

On Jul 29, 2006, at 1:24 AM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

On 28.07.2006 Robert Patterson wrote:
I never got off of iKey version 1.0.7, since version 2.x was so roundly trashed in this forum. Does anyone have anything good to say about the latest version of iKey? BTW: I've been able to use iKey 1.0.7 under Rosetta on an Intel MacMini. It works because it is a stand-alone program. So I could continue to use v. 1.0.7 indefinitely. The problem is, it apparently doesn't do sequences. For various arcane reasons, I'm going to need to change some of my menu hit macros from a single menu hit to 3 menu hits in sequence, and I can't see any way to do this in iKey 1.0.7. Perhaps it is time to move up to QuickKeys.

I am using version 2 (although probably not the very latest version). It has become much better in the last few .x versions, but I can't really remember what the problems were in the past.

It does do sequences fine. Or am I missing your point here?

For what it's worth, my experience with Quickeys X was terrible. It kept crashing all the time and turned out completely useless.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de