Johannes Gebauer wrote:
Ah, now I understand your problem. Here is what you do:
Instead of directly saving a PDF from the Print dialog, save a PS file.

This solved the proximate problem. The resulting PDF is now displaying the EPS correctly. (I assume it will print correctly as well.) However, the version of PDF output by Tiger Preview is apparently incompatible with my old version of Acrobat 5. Is there either A) a way to get PReview to convert the PDF to an older version of PDF or B) an alternate free or dirt-cheap way to combine multiple PDFs into one file. (This is all I use Acrobat 5 for.)

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com