I just played a classic recording session and they used ProTools.....Are you saying ProTools isn't a serious pro mastering application? I can't think of anyone who doesn't use ProTools.......and Digidesign announced Intel versions of Protools for Mac OS X in September.

If you watched the keynote on Monday (or read a good transcript) Apple did not unveil everything in 10.5. I'm hoping that virtualization (spelling?) will be part of 10.5 as many of the rumors of 10.5's features suggest.......

Johannes Gebauer wrote:
No. Most people buying a computer today are buying it because the software they want works on it, this includes the office software they are used to and extends as far as games. MacOS can't compete, and in fact even some special markets like the professional music scene are lacking some rather important software choices. Music and Audio was originally one of the Mac's domains, but today there is no serious competitor to the pro mastering applications on the PC like Sequoia, Sadie and Pyramix. This is such a huge dilemma that most classical music studios have left the Mac.

Instead Apple has done the opposite, it allows people to run Windows on their Macs. That way we can fill the gaps with Windows software while not leaving our beloved platform for the rest. Rather a brilliant move in my opinion.

Johannes