256 Megs of Ram? Why not treat yourself and get more RAM? I mean, you can get a Gig of RAM for about $100.

I'd say they probably assume most people have 512 Megs of RAM as most computers seem to ship with that now, and if you really want performance out of a system, you need more RAM. I can't imagine Windows XP on 256 Megs of RAM. Actually, I've seen it before. A friend was running an old PC with Finale 2006 with just 256 Megs of physical ram. It was dirt slow. Adding more ram seemed to turn night into day on that machine.

James Gilbert wrote:
Anyone else find that even with a computer that has 256Meg of RAM you
cannot install Finale 2007?? When trying to install, I get a message that
says that since I don't have 256meg of RAM (I do) the install does not
continue.  (The system requirments that MakeMusic advertises says nothing
about having a 'minimum' of 256, just 256 minimum). Why should a notation
software program require sooo much RAM in the first place?

James Gilbert
www.jamesgilbertmusic.com

PS. WinSupport at MakeMusic has been notified.

__