--- Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think I was unclear about the Keypad in Sibelius.
> Most of the time
> (laptop on the go excluded) I use the 10 key pad on
> the keyboard.
> Clicking on the "toolbar" on the screen is slower.
> The features I like
> to have close at hand are almost all on the top tab
> on the keypad (or in
> the right click context menu). Others working
> differently or with
> different musical requirements might have a
> different experience. In
> general, Sibelius works better with more keyboard
> and less mousing and
> has extensive keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts are a big reason that I prefer
Finale to Sibelius. The keypad system in Sibelius is
not as efficient as Simple Entry in Finale. There are
some elements that Sibelius allows to be entered via
keystroke that Finale does not, but these are not the
most common elements. For the most common elements,
Finale's system is faster. (and actually, for the
other elements, I've created my own system for working
with Finale that is more efficient than Sibelius).

Tyler