Darcy James Argue wrote:

It's possible I may need to create Finale files based on a client's Logic (sequencer) files. I've never done this before, so I have some questions:

1) I assume the fasted way to go would be to have Finale import MIDI files exported from Logic. Is there anything the client should do (in terms of quantization or whatever) to make this process easier?

2) What would be the recommended settings for importing the MIDI files into Finale?

3) Does anyone have any useful tips for efficiently cleaning up the notation of the imported MIDI files?

Answers to these questions, plus any other advice/input, would be greatly appreciated.

I do this regularly. Honestly, the quickest way is to print out all the parts individually and then re-enter them into Finale.

Then send a feature request to Apple requesting MusicXML import/export from Logic.

Logic has a semi-nice feature called "Interpret" which makes pretty good sense of the normal MIDI mumbo-jumbo. I'm not sure if there's a way to imprint this interpretation onto the MIDI itself.

Matthew