Andrew Stiller wrote:

If I start from score view will I be able to shift into an individual part and use a) JW Space Systems, b)TGTools/Spacing/Measure Widths, c)Patterson/Tie Mover, d) TGTools/Parts/Intelligent Extraction of Parts?

Yes to all. However, only the latest version of Patterson Tie Mover is modal. Earlier versions will not allow you to shift. (I changed my plugins to be modeless because of the new limitation in Finale.)

If not, am I correct in understanding that the old part-extraction paradigm is still functional, so I could go that way and use any plugin I like?

Yes (essentially).

Also, it is quite easy to switch back and forth between score & part view, so switching back to score view to run a plugin is not necessarily too painful, depending on what you are doing. (Some situations are more painful than others.)

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com