To: <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Finale] If I only had an option

Note attached hairpins period would be a great thing. I still can't
figure out why this hasn't already been implemented (FinMac2006d).

-Scot

On 8/17/06, Christopher Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Aug 17, 2006, at 10:54 AM, Dejan Badnjar wrote:

> Can you imagine if Finale 2007 had an option to draw hairpins in
> the Smart Shape Tool/Tab Slide/Smart Line Designer so that you can
> be able to make all instances of dynamic changes (eg. P<mp, mf<f,
> f>pp, etc) and display them in a separate menu for selection (with
> metatools), applying them as Pedal markings attached to notes. Talk
> about consistency and accuracy. In my long experience with
> engraving scores this is where you spend most time, and more when
> you do the same thing for extracted parts. I have asked Tobias
> years ago about this. This should really be easy to implement.
> Music Press has similar feature but with separate dynamics and
> hairpins.

Yes, great idea! And probably very easy to implement, as you said.

I experimented with creating a Shape expression with P on one end and
F on the other and two hand-drawn lines between. It worked, more or
less, and I could manually stretch it to fit, but I want better
control over the distances between items than this method gives me.
The point of the V tends to change as it is dragged, either
separating or crossing, and the lines increase distance from the P
and F as it grows. A Smart Shape most likely would not have this
problem. Plus it is a mighty pain to create in the Shape Designer, a
primitive tool if I ever saw one.

Christopher

Scot Hanna-Weir
Choral Music Teacher