I paid 130 euros (Netherlands). I think the shipping is included.

dc wrote:
Jonathan Smith écrit:

I didn't get any import duties this time with 2007 (USA-France).

Maybe I was lucky! But I noticed that MM had placed a sticker on the package that stated that tax had already been paid on the item etc.

I paid $138.90 in total.

Thanks for this information, Jonathan. But the difference might be that I need a large upgrade (from 2004), and that I think there is a limit under which you don't get stuck with importe taxes.

So I'm still wondering what I should do. I got my last one directly from MM, but between the shipping charges (almost 40$) and the taxes (another some 40$), I thought it might be cheaper to order from Europe this time. So I wrote three times already to the French dealer (since the end of June), and he still hasn't given me his price. Nor has he replied to my last email of over a week ago.

I wrote to all the other official dealers in the Euro zone, and am surprised by the differences in prices quoted, from 150 euros (Germany) to over 200 (Belgium and Portugal). In the best case, only 50$ more than MM's price in the US (150$). In the worst, almost 120$ more. Of course, not everyone answered. The Spanish are on vacaciones until the end of the month.

This doesn't sound like the best international sales policy to me. Shouldn't MM be a bit more picky on their choice of dealers et do away with those that don't even reply to customers? And shouldn't they have some kind of control over the prices if they have "official dealers"?

Dennis