On Aug 22, 2006, at 9:29 PM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

At 08:44 PM 8/22/06 -0400, Darcy James Argue wrote:
Wouldn't it make more sense to use large block noteheads instead of
split stems for forearm clusters?

Sorry, I was just talking about clusters. But there's only one large block notehead in Maestro, and it's hollow and rectangular. In the special tools
for notehead, I don't see other options. If you want a rounded solid
notehead, what do you use? Or is there another way of doing it?

I'm frankly astonished at the variety of cumbersome cluster-notation methods being put forward here. I have always created clusters with the smart-shape tool: enter just the top and bottom notes of the cluster, then add a vertical smart-shape line about as thick as a beam (2 points, if I remember correctly) linking the two notes and lying right alongside the existing, normal stem (if any). For white-note clusters, use the ordinary, thin smart-shape line, parallel to the stem but well separated from it.

This strikes me as much quicker, simpler, and more flexible than any other method mentioned here so far.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/