On Sep 9, 2006, at 10:49 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The problem I'm having with making triplets occurs
when I enter them in speedy entry.  The spacing or
duration is somehow thrown off when I enter a triplet
consisting of a quarter note to an eighth note.  There
must be an easy fix for this.

Ah ha! I know what you're doing. You are hitting shift-3 (opt-3 on Mac) to define a triplet, as you should. Now the next keystroke is of vital importance, because it tells Finale whether it is an eighth- note, quarter-note, or whatever triplet. If you hit 4 entering the next note, Finale knows it is supposed to be an 8th note triplet. But you are probably hitting 5 for a quarter note, which tells Finale to expect a quarter note triplet, thus messing up the spacing (and incidentally probably creating an incomplete measure).

The solution is to hit shift-3 to start the triplet, then enter an EIGHTH note (NOT a quarter!) as the first note. Then hit left arrow, hit 5 to change it to a quarter, then enter the last 8th note.

Christopher