On 11 Sep 2006 at 11:10, Chuck Israels wrote:

> I have done what you do successfully with earlier upgrades.  I don't
> know what gave me the notion that it might cause trouble to do things
> that way in the last couple of transitions.  Perhaps Hiro and I are
> overly cautious and are doing unnecessary work.

I've never done it but I've encountered all sorts of weird problems
in files based on old templates.

What I do is leave the default template alone and start new pieces
from it, then use that file as the template for further files in the
same genre.

The old files that have been upgraded several times often have quite
a few weird problems that can't be reproduced by other Finale users
on this list. I would expect that upgrading the default file (rather
than recreating it) would cause the same kind of problems.