dc wrote:
dhbailey écrit:
What follows only will work easily for works/movements with a single measure number region.

1) Set up two regions, just like each other, but when it says "show beginning with measure #" put a measure number larger than the movement has for one of the regions.

2) when working on the score use one region and set it to "show beginning with measure #2" or whatever you usually use, and set its position as you want it in the score. Be sure the other region is set to begin showing at a larger number than exists in the score.

3) when working on the parts, use the other region. Set the "show beginning with measure #" to a number larger than the last measure in the piece for the region that you just adjusted for the the score. Set the region you're reserving for parts to show beginning with measure 2 (or whatever you normally use) and set its position as you want for the parts.

Thanks, David, but I must be missing something. Since the changes above affect both the score and the parts, as far as I can see, isn't it easier to simply change the position before printing out the parts?

Dennis

Yes, that would be easier, I had replied too early. My reply really was a rehashing of an answer I had given a short while ago to someone who wanted the measure numbers to appear differently (start of each system in the parts, under each measure in the score.)

You're right -- simply changing the position and then remembering to change it back will work fine.

But even with that, as with my answer, for any work with more than a couple of measure number regions, having them linked between score and parts is a real bother.

I'm very grateful they added a "don't include in measure numbers" attribute to the measure tool dialog! That will significantly decrease the necessary number of regions in works with endings or split-measure repeats.

--
David H. Bailey