Andrew Stiller / 2006/09/12 / 04:44 PM wrote:

>There is no term for this in English, and I do not believe that it is
>as universal a phenomenon as you imply.

Michael Meyer responded off list, which helped me a lot.  I am not sure
why he didn't respond to the list and I certainly hope he doesn't mind I
am mentioning here.

He reminded me of the Fibonacci sequence and Golden Ratio.
Interestingly, I never thought of Fibonacci since that was only a java
programming exercise the class at Harvard made us program, and all what
I remember was crying every night :-)

Anyway, division of four for human comfort does exist.  When I teach how
to shape improvisation over standard songs, I start teaching with "I am
a boy" statement, as in where the division occur and how to finish a sentence.

So, there is no term to identify "Intro > Develop > Climax > Conclusion"
form?  Michael also mentioned to me about Hypermeter, which I am going
to spend sometime with it soon :-)

Thanks all who responded!

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>