I see your point - I always taught students that any tempo alteration basically means the same to them - look up. I do use the eyeglasses from time to time in Finale if I'm doing a leadsheet and need to do something unusual to keep the number of pages at a minimum for my guitar players or woodwinds - eg. a simple verse, chorus, bridge tune that has an extension leading into the chorus that only happens the 2nd time through - I'll include a text instruction to skip the measures (or whatever the specific problem is) when appropriate and the eyeglasses near the text to tip them off that there is something non-standard happening - then, of course, verbally tell them and walk them through in rehearsal...

TC