Thank you David Bailey, I had assumed that because all the staves in the score were blank the existing music would not 'move to the right' when the next lot was put in. Anyway, I was able to move all the parts into the correct places with the 'replace entries'. Problem no. 2 was that none of the key changes were 'moved', however that was easy to correct and the results accurate. Problem no. 3 was the time signature change half way through from 3/4 to 6/8 which was not 'copied' either. When I changed the time signature--- in the appropriate measure---to 6/8 ( 2 dotted quarters) the result was far from accurate, in particular the tuplet '4 in the place of 6' eights were a total mess. Problem no 4. was the articulations and expressions some of which were copied and others were not. Any further help would be greatly appreciated, from a temporarily emerged lurker, Margaret Whitby