At 01:45 AM 9/30/06 -0500, Noel Stoutenburg wrote:
>To provide some balance to David and Dennis, my preferred method of
>generating ~.pdf files in windows [XP Home (SP2) is to use a driver for
>a postscript printer to generate a ~.ps file, then to use Ghostview /
>Ghostscript [GV/GS] to convert the ~.ps file to a ~.pdf.  GV/ GS has
>some advantages over pdf995; it can open Acrobat pdf's; it can convert
>to EPS in some circumnstances, and it works as a replacement for Adobe
>Acrobat Reader.

Yes, I agree. I've been more & more using Ghostview/Ghostscript, which
seems to give a nicer screen presentation than Acrobat.

I also took someone's recommendation here and purchased docPrint (not free)
for combining PDFs and other document types into a single document. It has
obviated the need to worry about trying to combine movements inside Finale
beforehand, and allows collection of various page sources (Word documents,
graphics) into a sequence of pages.

Dennis

--

Please participate in my latest project:
http://maltedmedia.com/waam/