dc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> XML does seem to be the best standard for exchanging music
> notation files.

Thanks! MusicXML support is up to over 60 applications now, and the
quality of the translations keeps getting better over time.

We are about to start development on the next version of MusicXML,
version 1.2. All valid MusicXML 1.0 and 1.1 files will still be valid
MusicXML 1.2 files, but we will be adding new features. The main goal
is to make MusicXML a better distribution format for music notation
files.

If anyone is interested in participating in the MusicXML 1.2 design
process, please sign up for the MusicXML e-mail discussion list at:

  http://www.recordare.com/lists#MusicXML

Feel free to send MusicXML suggestions to me off-list if you don't
want to sign up for yet another mailing list.

Best regards,

Michael Good
Recordare LLC
www.recordare.com