At 03:22 PM 10/11/06 -0400, Andrew Levin wrote:
>I have a violinist in my university orchestra who is a computer
>science major. He is interested in taking on a project of developing
>a music notation program for the tablet PC, where you handwrite the
>music onto the screen. Before getting too involved in the project he
>wanted to know if there already existed such a program.
>I don't know if he wants to develop this as proof of concept or if he
>intends to develop a full product. *I* haven't heard of such a
>program so I thought I'd ask the experts!

I've not heard of one, but I would love to have that as a Finale front end.
Assuming it had a good recognition engine, it would save me hours of time
to compose straight onto the staff.

But I'll not even begin to think of how it would be taught to distinguish
among notes, dots, harmonics, etc., without some real contextual smarts!

(The third) Dennis