I often compose for symphonic band on a 10-line template I have created using Setup Wizard. Then I create a 27-staff full score (from a Finale template) and import lines (one at a time) from my condensed draft into my full score. An odd behavior occurs: each imported line that I copy/paste is a major sixth above what I had written. I noticed this behavior in Finale 06, and it persists in 07. (I’m on a Mac G5).

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, or how to set up my documents to avoid this, or is this a Finale quirk? Anyone else encounter this?

Gerry Kirk