I'd just like to draw the attention once again to a bug in Finale's spacing, and a partial work-around: When spacing is tight, and especially when there are accidentals in tuplet passages, Finale sometimes does a really bad job on the spacing, where accidentals seem to be partly ignored for spacing. This is not a shortcoming of the algorhythm as such, but a real bug, where the beat chart goes bonkers. The workaround is to select the measure(s), and use TGTools "Expand Spacing" (or "Compress Spacing", makes no difference), with a setting of 0 (!). This will at least restore some of the expected spacing.

The same trick can be used in tight spacing situations, where it seems that Finale eventually again ignores accidentals (the space before the accidental gets smaller than the space after the accidental).

I have reported this problem to MM a long time ago. After a very lengthy discussion with them they did acknowledge the problem, but I rather doubt it will ever be fixed. The TGTools workaround at least helps to deal with the problem.

(I am by no means saying that the result will always be perfectly spaced...)

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de